AAAEA is a professional Arab American association dedicated to help, strengthen, empower, and inspire its members for excellence. AAAEA promotes and advocates the Arab American Engineers, Architects, and Computer Science professionals in North America, by providing career and educational enhancement programs, technical exchange, fellowship, and community service. AAAEA is a non-profit, non-political, and non-religious Professional Association. Membership is open to corporations, academic, professional institutions, and qualified individuals.
Code of Ethics
Engineering is an important and learned profession. As members of this profession, engineers are expected to exhibit the highest standards of honesty and integrity. Engineering has a direct and vital impact on the quality of life for all people. Accordingly, the services provided by engineers require honesty, impartiality, fairness, and equity, and must be dedicated to the protection of the public health, safety, and welfare. Engineers must perform under a standard of professional behavior that requires adherence to the highest principles of ethical conduct.
Footnote 1: “Sustainable development” is the challenge of meeting human needs for natural resources, industrial products, energy, food, transportation, shelter, and effective waste management while conserving and protecting environmental quality and the natural resource base essential for future development.
Footnote 2: In regard to the question of application of the Code to corporations vis-à-vis real persons, business form or type should not negate nor influence the conformance of individuals to the Code. The Code deals with professional services, which services must be performed by real persons. Real persons in turn establish and implement policies within business structures. The Code is clearly written to apply to the Engineer, and it is incumbent on members to endeavor to live up to its provisions. This applies to all pertinent sections of the Code.
The goals of the AAAEA – California include the following:
- To further the public welfare whenever engineering knowledge is involved and to act upon matters which are the concern of the engineering profession.
- Promote cooperation and mutual assistance among the members.
- Conduct academic review courses and technical seminars to update members’ knowledge of the latest technologies and regulations affecting the engineering profession.
- Establish scholarship programs to encourage qualified and talented students to pursue engineering field studies.
- Cooperate with other professional organizations.
- Serve the professional interest of the general membership and strive to promote professional consciousness and fellowship through collective interdisciplinary activities all in accordance with recognized and established engineering ethics and within existing applicable laws.
To achieve these goals, AAAEA on a regular basis awarded scholarships and conducts seminars, training classes, and social activities with members and other organizations.
- Job Placement / Business-To-Business
- Licensing Classes (EIT, PE, SE)
- Coordination with other Associations
- Scholarship Awards
- Technical Conferences
- Semi-Annual Meeting
- Community Educational Programs
- Family Picnics, Bowling, Golf Outing
- Annual Social Dinner
- Educational Seminars
- National Engineers Week